Language, education and certification are essential for successful participation in social and professional life. Until now, support programs for young „tolerated“ (geduldet) or „permitted“ (gestattet) refugees has been limited, but the Ministry of Work, Health and Social Affairs together with the Ministry of Children, Family, Refugees and Integration have recently created the „Head Start for Education and Employment“. Through special work and education programs, refugees between the ages of 18 and 27 and also other young people (e.g. EU2 immigrants without entitlement to SGB (Code of Social Law)) will be assisted in taking their first steps in the professional world.
In accordance with the application for the state initiative, the Local Integration Center (Kommunales Integrationszentrum) has run a participation-oriented analysis to determine its current status and future needs. Specific and appropriate measures have been developed for Warendorf County and will now be implemented in cooperation with various partners:
- Coaching assistance for apprenticeship seekers, apprentices, future apprentices and young employees
- Part-time language courses on week-ends and evenings for apprentices and employees
- Group offers for apprenticeship and employment preparation
- Youth integration courses followed by apprenticeship and employment preparation
- Youth integration courses